The Summer Village uses an automated garbage pick-up system. Each lot with a cabin will be supplied with one 240 L garbage bin. Residents are responsible for replacing lot or stolen carts ($100 cost). On the garbage schedule, Silver Beach falls within the North Shore category.
Summer (May - Oct) Weekly on Mondays
Winter (Oct – May) Bi-Weekly on Mondays
ALL garbage must be inside the can. Any extra bags outside of the can will NOT be picked up.
2021 Garbage Pick-up Schedule
If your garbage can gets damaged (e.g. a broken wheel), please contact the Summer Village Office at (780) 389-4409 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get it scheduled for repair. We will need your name, phone number and house number. It usually takes about 2-3 weeks, as the contractor will coordinate a number of repairs at the same time.
Large Item Collection
Mulhurst Bay Transfer Station Access
We are pleased to advise that the Summer Village has entered into an agreement with the County of Wetaskiwin for use of the Mulhurst Transfer Station.
One access card is available per property.
• you must bring the access card with you and may be asked to show photo id. New cards will be issued each year, going forward they will hopefully be able to be included with your tax notice.
• the Summer Village will pay $30 per visit for any resident, so please use this service responsibly and only as needed. There are also additional fees for appliances and mattresses that will be charged to the Summer Village.
• the maximum size of a load is a 1/2 ton
• Attached is a list of acceptable items and recycling options, along with details of their hours of operation and location.
There will be one major clean-up in the summer where residents may put their garbage out at the end of the driveway (the same place you would place your garbage bin). Check the event calendar for the date.
Some examples of ACCEPTABLE items for collection include:
• washer and dryers
• mattress and box spring
• barbecues (no tanks)
• lawnmower (all fluids drained)
• rain barrels
• snowblower (all fluids drained)
• lawn furniture
• wheel barrow
The list of unacceptable material:
• computers (monitors, towers, key boards,
• desktop printer
• car parts
• assembled swing sets
• propane tanks
• air conditioners
• items larger than 1.8 metres (six feet) in length
• items weighing more than 200 lbs.
See www.albertarecycling.ca for where to recycle electronics, paints or tires.
NOTE: There will be no dumpster provided in the spring.
Road bans are weight restrictions that reduce the maximum weight allowed on our roads. Seasonal road bans are applied each spring to protect road infrastructure. These seasonal bans are lifted in late May or early June, depending on weather conditions.
~April - early June, there is a 50% road ban in Silver Beach, as well as surrounding areas. The remainder of the year the road is at 75%.
For road permits, please contact Roadata Services Ltd.
Snow removal is done by a contractor after major snowfalls as necessary. Please contact the office if the road needs to be plowed.
Keep in mind you are responsible to clean your own driveways and sidewalks. Snow must be kept on your lot, and not pushed onto municipal property such as ditches and public roadways.