Information about COVID-19
Alberta Health Services is warning of a vaccine scam affecting seniors. They have received reports of a telephone scam targeting seniors informing them to schedule their vaccinations for a fee.
Here are the latest AHS public health restrictions from Pigeon Lake Regional Emergency Management
Alberta COVID Dec 8 2020 Restrictions
Silver Beach is included with the County of Wetaskiwin on the Alberta Health Services map.
The Summer Village is committed to ensuring the public's health and safety, and is following Alberta Health Services' recommendations to further support provincial efforts to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
Some items in particular to be aware of:
- The Summer Village Office is closed to the public. Be aware all services will continue uninterrupted. If you have any questions or need anything from the office please call 780-389-4409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health Orders must be followed.
- The Summer Village has partially activated its Emergency Coordination Centre to plan and prepare for COVID-19.
- Council Meetings - held virtually on Zoom; see the event calendar on the website for details of how to connect if you wish to join the meeting. Members of the public may attend via computer or phone. Note that the full agenda is now available at this link.
- We are trying to help keep everyone safe, and following the guidance and direction from the Province.
If you see someone violating a health order, you can file a complaint here:
The mandate for follow up is with the Health Inspector. The Health Inspector may request assistance from the RCMP and then they will be engaged in the investigation.
- Those choosing to travel within the province are reminded to consider local community guidelines and the health and safety of small communities. If planning a trip of this kind, prepare for minimal stops by packing food and stopping only if necessary.
- Alberta Health Services has developed a tool kit to help Albertans with the stress and mental health challenges created by the pandemic. You can use this link to access the tool kit.
Please be advised that the Summer Village is not washing or sanitizing structures. Families are encouraged to use extreme caution around common touch points, carry their own hand sanitizer with them, restrict contact with those outside their family or cohort, and to stay home if they are feeling sick or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Users are reminded of and must follow public health guidelines including:
• Maintaining a two-metre physical distance from those not within your household
• Adhering to new mass gathering restrictions put in place for outdoor activities
• Only sharing common equipment with members of the same household
• Carefully washing and sanitizing your hands before (and after) using all common areas
• Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
For the most current rules, see the Government of Alberta website: https://www.alberta.ca/isolation.aspx
Do Not Flush Wipes:
Items such as baby wipes, makeup remover cloths and disinfectant wipes do not decompose in the sanitary sewer system. Flushing this material causes damage to the sewer system and may cause sewer backups in your home.
For more information, please visit our Pigeon Lake Regional Emergency Management website: https://www.pigeonlakeemergencyagency.ca